Tuesday, August 23, 2011

My eyes joined the rain...and i walked alone.....

As they fall, carrying a deep lament hiding in their bosom...secretly in a dark night,

I watch out of my window and take a gasp...

These raindrops were not always like this as they are...

Once, they used to make me think of kisses...of roses and fragrance

And of kiran.....

When i used to read romantic novels, i'd always laugh at the descriptions they had for the heroine...

you know, doe like eyes... raven like hair...petal like lips and blah blah....

I found it to be true only when the romantic novel of my life got started....

It started with Kiran... and i still remember the night it came to an end...

She and I were in the same class in the university...Literature majors...

She was a poem herself.. a mystic poem... you might now feel like laughing too..as I used to, before ...you know when...

But let me say once more...She was my 'zen thing'.. the image of a bamboo tree swaying majestically in the wind..

Our mutual interest in poetry was what got us together... and then we together became a poem...

I, perhaps the poet.. and she my verses...

I never proposed her.. never thought it was important...

Why'd the stars bother asking the sky why it's with them everynight... and keep waiting until the next...

Why... I was never much considered on finding answers and reasons...

Why do the flowers bloom..

Why do the sun shine....

Alas !!

I'd have never thought so.... !!

By and by, we grew up in trust... I was even welcome in their home and i was treated as a part of family ...

Her parents would have no questions when we're out together...

And for that i was being used.. which i only knew much later....

One cloudy evening,as I was walking along the street..., A fancy car stopped near me...

'Hi PG.."... she exclaimed...

Of course, Kiran.. and there in the car with her, was an eldery looking gentleman whom i thought to be a distant uncle like relative of hers whom i've never met before...

For i thought i knew most of her relatives...

"Let's go, have some tea.." she requested..

And then i got in the car...

and were stopped at a five star eating place where of course i'd hesitate entering if I were alone...

The gentleman found us a nice place by the garden.. and three of us were waiting cozyly for the orders to be taken..

"PG.."..., Said kiran... "I've something to tell you..."

It wasn't in one of those cheerful tones which Kiran used with me..,

Hence i was much attentive...

"He, is Pratap..."..

And then what continued after that has settled as a trauma in my heart and perhaps shall never leave me until i'm dead...

"He and I are in love... and want to be married... He's diabetic and twice in age than me.. and that's why my parents don't want he and I to get together.."

"I'm sorry to tell you, but I've used you as an excuse in my home to go out and meet him.. for my parents never mind if i say i'm going with you..."

"hope you won't mind.. will you.."..?

What'd you say if you were there instead of me..?

It grew dark all of a sudden... and started to rain...

I reached my pockets, took out all the money from there .. put it on the table...

A husky croak came out of my mouth... "please pay the bill with this.."

And what i remember next is me walking in the street as it was raining heavily...

I was completely wet..

My eyes were even more..

Perhaps


3 comments:

  1. Hey really nice story............
    but be aware of girls...................,,,,

    ReplyDelete
  2. yup...the fact is...sometimes love is so mean....bt do u believe if every person thatwe meet hv a purpose,,don't u?'sometimes they may teach u a good lesson,sometimes may break u...,sometimes may bring out th best in u.....,sometimes may use u....,everybody hv hurt before bt th show must goon,she's with another..at last,,u found out the true before u made big mistake... thanks for sharing,really touching story.... :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. @Jack... Hugs and regards dude...

    @Anonymous...
    Indeed dude...
    Every step i take.. To every bit and piece i make, I see signature and will of that divine grand who means only the greater good to me...

    Well... how I come to think so, it's another story sometime...
    until then.. Ciao.. and hugs... \m/

    ReplyDelete